Brandi Strickland (b. 1985) is a collage and mixed media artist living in Floyd, Virginia. She grew up in North Carolina and received a BA in Art from Queens University of Charlotte in 2007. Working from her home studio, Brandi creates small, detailed works of art combining collage, painting, and drawing. She runs a shop and blog called Paper Whistle and is a member of the WAFA Collective. Besides art, she enjoys living out in the country, cooking, gardening, and researching. She loves mail.
- Brandi Strickland's bright and beautiful mixed media art prints make us want to play cut 'n' paste.Nylon Magazine
- Brandi Strickland is a 25 year-old mixed-media and collage artist based out of Richmond, Virginia. Strickland’s compositions range from simple and impactful to sweepingly ambitious and hyper-detailed. Even while manipulating found images, Strickland manages to create enveloping, otherworldly landscapes. The interplay between images is often ingenious, but Strickland’s work moves far beyond cleverness. Rather, her pieces are passionate, heartfelt, and revelatory.It's Nice That
- Wow. These pieces are just SO right on. So beautiful. Thank you Brandi Strickland…Mara Hoffman
- Oh, I am soooo glad I took the plunge and bought this! The piece is magnificent, the transaction was perfect as usual, and your little note to me was heartwarming.Jen, California
- I bought “Mountain Brothers” and “Day Break,” and they make such a nice, complementary pairing. Currently, they are hanging on the wall above my bed.Louise, Minnesota
- Brandi Strickland is an artist living in Virginia whose detailed works combine techniques of collage, painting, and drawing. Each artwork seems to have a more considered composition, while still retaining a scrapbook or personal diary appeal.Think Positive Designer Prints