Brandi Strickland (b. 1985) is a collage and mixed media artist living in Floyd, Virginia. She grew up in North Carolina and received a BA in Art from Queens University of Charlotte in 2007. Working from her home studio, Brandi creates small, detailed works of art combining collage, painting, and drawing. She runs a shop and blog called Paper Whistle and is a member of the WAFA Collective. Besides art, she enjoys living out in the country, cooking, gardening, and researching. She loves mail.
- Yay for Paper Whistle! I had a problem with the post office and after Brandi did much investigation into the delivery issue, my print arrive in pristine condition. Such good customer service, I appreciate how much effort you made to make sure that I got my order :) I LOVE the print, it is even more beautiful than i imagined and makes me smile every time I see it.Sarah, Pennsylvania
- Brandi Strickland is a mixed media and collage artist from nearby Charlotte, NC. Her work is so fun and quirky, and she’s one of my favorite artists right now.Need Supply Co.
- Totally digging these semi-psychedelic prints from artist Brandi Strickland.Urban Outfitters
- Though I was mesmerized by her works, I had a nebulous understanding of how she made them. I was shocked to hear that the majority, many so detailed that I assumed them to be digitally constructed, are made by hand. Strickland accidentally fell into mixed media collage by way of journaling. She didn’t set out to make this her “thing,” but the trajectory of her career speaks to the magic of letting small hobbies unfold into boundless passions.RVA Magazine
- I bought “Mountain Brothers” and “Day Break,” and they make such a nice, complementary pairing. Currently, they are hanging on the wall above my bed.Louise, Minnesota
- This going to be a graduation present for a dear friend and i couldn’t be more pleased with it. Thank You!Vanessa, Canada