Brandi Strickland (b. 1985) is a collage and mixed media artist living in Floyd, Virginia. She grew up in North Carolina and received a BA in Art from Queens University of Charlotte in 2007. Working from her home studio, Brandi creates small, detailed works of art combining collage, painting, and drawing. She runs a shop and blog called Paper Whistle and is a member of the WAFA Collective. Besides art, she enjoys living out in the country, cooking, gardening, and researching. She loves mail.
- Brandi Strickland is an artist living in Virginia whose detailed works combine techniques of collage, painting, and drawing. Each artwork seems to have a more considered composition, while still retaining a scrapbook or personal diary appeal.Think Positive Designer Prints
- Yay for Paper Whistle! I had a problem with the post office and after Brandi did much investigation into the delivery issue, my print arrive in pristine condition. Such good customer service, I appreciate how much effort you made to make sure that I got my order :) I LOVE the print, it is even more beautiful than i imagined and makes me smile every time I see it.Sarah, Pennsylvania
- Wow. These pieces are just SO right on. So beautiful. Thank you Brandi Strickland…Mara Hoffman
- Though I was mesmerized by her works, I had a nebulous understanding of how she made them. I was shocked to hear that the majority, many so detailed that I assumed them to be digitally constructed, are made by hand. Strickland accidentally fell into mixed media collage by way of journaling. She didn’t set out to make this her “thing,” but the trajectory of her career speaks to the magic of letting small hobbies unfold into boundless passions.RVA Magazine
- Brandi Strickland's bright and beautiful mixed media art prints make us want to play cut 'n' paste.Nylon Magazine
- I bought “Mountain Brothers” and “Day Break,” and they make such a nice, complementary pairing. Currently, they are hanging on the wall above my bed.Louise, Minnesota