Brandi Strickland (b. 1985) is a collage and mixed media artist living in Floyd, Virginia. She grew up in North Carolina and received a BA in Art from Queens University of Charlotte in 2007. Working from her home studio, Brandi creates small, detailed works of art combining collage, painting, and drawing. She runs a shop and blog called Paper Whistle and is a member of the WAFA Collective. Besides art, she enjoys living out in the country, cooking, gardening, and researching. She loves mail.
- Brandi Strickland's bright and beautiful mixed media art prints make us want to play cut 'n' paste.Nylon Magazine
- This going to be a graduation present for a dear friend and i couldn’t be more pleased with it. Thank You!Vanessa, Canada
- Brandi Strickland’s collages are hyperreal explosions that remind us of two things: that the present is the culmination of everything that’s ever happened, and that everything new has already happened before....Her work condenses long periods of human history into short vignettes. In the title piece to her “Seed Stone” series, the Tower of Babel rises between dark industrial smoke stacks and bulbous, gray, futuristic spires that exist in a–perhaps not so distant–time where people probably have robots to do their hard work for them. Humanoid silhouettes litter landscapes, forests, and planets. The individual is nothing compared to the infinite, yet that individual is an integral part of the way that infinity is constructed. Each brick has its place. Chant Om.Cluster Mag
- The best, simply beautiful. Thank you.Kelly, Idaho
- Strickland’s collages are immediately striking. Radiant beams cross broad areas of formless dark. Hard-edged shapes and color carve the picture plane into tectonic plate-like slabs. Visually, there is a dynamic interplay of powerful forms. Human subjects people the fields of these strong shapes. Alone or together, they make contact with prismatic beams of color that invariably spread out toward the edge of the image.Bees & Trees
- One of the best contemporary mixed media/collage artists out there. It is a pleasure owning a print from Brandi. The vibrant colors are beautifully rendered in the print process she has perfected. The shapes seem to be almost 3D and pop from the surface. Make room on your walls!Jody, Washington