Brandi Strickland (b. 1985) is a collage and mixed media artist living in Floyd, Virginia. She grew up in North Carolina and received a BA in Art from Queens University of Charlotte in 2007. Working from her home studio, Brandi creates small, detailed works of art combining collage, painting, and drawing. She runs a shop and blog called Paper Whistle and is a member of the WAFA Collective. Besides art, she enjoys living out in the country, cooking, gardening, and researching. She loves mail.
- Brandi Strickland's bright and beautiful mixed media art prints make us want to play cut 'n' paste.Nylon Magazine
- I bought “Mountain Brothers” and “Day Break,” and they make such a nice, complementary pairing. Currently, they are hanging on the wall above my bed.Louise, Minnesota
- The best, simply beautiful. Thank you.Kelly, Idaho
- Strickland’s collages are immediately striking. Radiant beams cross broad areas of formless dark. Hard-edged shapes and color carve the picture plane into tectonic plate-like slabs. Visually, there is a dynamic interplay of powerful forms. Human subjects people the fields of these strong shapes. Alone or together, they make contact with prismatic beams of color that invariably spread out toward the edge of the image.Bees & Trees
- One of my current favorite artists right now is Brandi Strickland. Each piece she does is something new, yet familiar and lovely.Art Milk
- The mix of color, pattern and symbolic imagery is so complex that when you view details of her collages up close you will notice far more than what you see at first glance.Free People