Art & Design
Hello! We’re Brandi Strickland and Robert Bentley, an artist/designer couple living in Floyd, Virginia. Thank you for visiting our shop :) Paper Whistle catalogues and sells Brandi’s original artwork. For prints and products see our other shops: Society6, Saatchi, Galleray, & Little Paper Planes. We’d love to hear from you!
A little more about us:
Brandi Strickland (b. 1985) is a collage and mixed media artist living in Floyd, Virginia. She grew up in North Carolina and received a BA in Art from Queens University of Charlotte in 2007. Working from her home studio, Brandi creates small, detailed works of art combining collage, painting, and drawing. She runs a shop and blog called Paper Whistle and is a member of the WAFA Collective. Besides art, she enjoys living out in the country, cooking, gardening, and researching. She loves mail.
Robert Bentley (b. 1980) is a web developer and designer living in Floyd, Virginia. He grew up in Georgia and North Carolina, receiving a BS in Computer Science from UNCC in 2002. With 15+ years in the field, he focuses on user experience, design, and strategy.
All prices are shown in $ US Dollars and we reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
All payments are all processed through PayPal. PayPal accepts all major credit cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover), debit cards, bank transfers, and PayPal transfers. You do not need a PayPal account to use their secure service. When you place your order, Paypal will finalize payment on a secure server then send you back to our site. Learn more about PayPal.
Pay with confidence–your payment information is always safe! Paper Whistle never sees or has access to credit card information. Any information you enter regarding your credit/debit card will occur on a secure PayPal website page during the checkout process. If you have an existing PayPal account, be SURE that your address is updated and accurate, in order to avoid shipment to incorrect address.
We process and ship orders once a week. No matter what day you place your order, it should be on its way to you within 7 days of purchase (usually sooner). If you have any special shipping requests just let us know. I am happy to mail your artwork USPS or UPS Priority/Express/etc…just get in touch and I will send you an updated PayPal invoice for the additional charges. Easy!
We send you an email when your order is received, and another upon shipment. The shipment notification email will include any relevant delivery information, like confirmation or tracking numbers (if available).
We ship to (most) anywhere in the world via USPS from Floyd, Virginia. Occasionally, expensive or large orders are shipped via UPS. We package everything carefully for safe transport. We fully trust the USPS and UPS to safely deliver items in a timely manner. We will not be held accountable for any items damaged or lost in transit. It is the carriers’ responsibility once the package is mailed. If an original art package gets lost or damaged in transit, the customer must file a claim with the USPS or UPS to receive a refund (if applicable). We generally do not insure our packages unless requested (there is usually an additional charge).
We will not refund money or replace any product for issues that might arise after they leave our hands.
International orders require extra time for processing and delivery. Each country has its own postal service and customs, please keep them in mind when you order.
All sales are final.
We at Paper Whistle offer accurate and comprehensive information and pictures of our products. If you have any questions, please e-mail us BEFORE placing your order. Purchases cannot be refunded. For product inquiries please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspect your purchase carefully as soon as it arrives. If you believe there’s an error with your order, please contact us immediately, within 48 hours of package arrival. No claims can be made after 48 hours. We will do our best to resolve any problems we deem reasonable. There will be no unauthorized returns to Paper Whistle and these will be refused and marked return to sender, if received. Paper Whistle MUST approve all returns by e-mail before the customer is allowed to send the item back.
Once an order has been placed, it can only be canceled (with good reason) within the first 12 hours from the time it has been placed. There is no exception. All canceled orders are subject to a 20% handling fee.
Please do not place an order with Paper Whistle if you do not agree to all the rules stated on this page.
All orders accepted by Paper Whistle are subject to these terms and conditions.
- Yay for Paper Whistle! I had a problem with the post office and after Brandi did much investigation into the delivery issue, my print arrive in pristine condition. Such good customer service, I appreciate how much effort you made to make sure that I got my order :) I LOVE the print, it is even more beautiful than i imagined and makes me smile every time I see it.Sarah, Pennsylvania
- Strickland’s exquisitely detailed collages show a healthy love of 1970s kitsch and rock ‘n’ roll album art as well as a propensity for off-kilter compositions and a great eye for color. Her collages have matured noticeably from her early beginnings only a few years ago, swiftly progressing from simple, small-scale cut-outs on paper to fully immersive landscapes made of painstakingly arranged bits and scraps that work close-up as a series of small ‘moments’ but are transformed into a dizzyingly powerful landscape when you step back.Sundance Channel Blog
- Brandi Strickland's bright and beautiful mixed media art prints make us want to play cut 'n' paste.Nylon Magazine
- The mix of color, pattern and symbolic imagery is so complex that when you view details of her collages up close you will notice far more than what you see at first glance.Free People
- Strickland’s collages are immediately striking. Radiant beams cross broad areas of formless dark. Hard-edged shapes and color carve the picture plane into tectonic plate-like slabs. Visually, there is a dynamic interplay of powerful forms. Human subjects people the fields of these strong shapes. Alone or together, they make contact with prismatic beams of color that invariably spread out toward the edge of the image.Bees & Trees
- One of the best contemporary mixed media/collage artists out there. It is a pleasure owning a print from Brandi. The vibrant colors are beautifully rendered in the print process she has perfected. The shapes seem to be almost 3D and pop from the surface. Make room on your walls!Jody, Washington