Brandi Strickland (b. 1985) is a collage and mixed media artist living in Floyd, Virginia. She grew up in North Carolina and received a BA in Art from Queens University of Charlotte in 2007. Working from her home studio, Brandi creates small, detailed works of art combining collage, painting, and drawing. She runs a shop and blog called Paper Whistle and is a member of the WAFA Collective. Besides art, she enjoys living out in the country, cooking, gardening, and researching. She loves mail.
- I bought “Mountain Brothers” and “Day Break,” and they make such a nice, complementary pairing. Currently, they are hanging on the wall above my bed.Louise, Minnesota
- This going to be a graduation present for a dear friend and i couldn’t be more pleased with it. Thank You!Vanessa, Canada
- Strickland’s exquisitely detailed collages show a healthy love of 1970s kitsch and rock ‘n’ roll album art as well as a propensity for off-kilter compositions and a great eye for color. Her collages have matured noticeably from her early beginnings only a few years ago, swiftly progressing from simple, small-scale cut-outs on paper to fully immersive landscapes made of painstakingly arranged bits and scraps that work close-up as a series of small ‘moments’ but are transformed into a dizzyingly powerful landscape when you step back.Sundance Channel Blog
- Brandi Strickland's bright and beautiful mixed media art prints make us want to play cut 'n' paste.Nylon Magazine
- The best, simply beautiful. Thank you.Kelly, Idaho
- Lots of beautiful new work in Brandi Strickland's recently overhauled website and shop, Paper Whistle.Juxtapoz Magazine