Brandi Strickland (b. 1985) is a collage and mixed media artist living in Floyd, Virginia. She grew up in North Carolina and received a BA in Art from Queens University of Charlotte in 2007. Working from her home studio, Brandi creates small, detailed works of art combining collage, painting, and drawing. She runs a shop and blog called Paper Whistle and is a member of the WAFA Collective. Besides art, she enjoys living out in the country, cooking, gardening, and researching. She loves mail.
- Strickland’s exquisitely detailed collages show a healthy love of 1970s kitsch and rock ‘n’ roll album art as well as a propensity for off-kilter compositions and a great eye for color. Her collages have matured noticeably from her early beginnings only a few years ago, swiftly progressing from simple, small-scale cut-outs on paper to fully immersive landscapes made of painstakingly arranged bits and scraps that work close-up as a series of small ‘moments’ but are transformed into a dizzyingly powerful landscape when you step back.Sundance Channel Blog
- One of my current favorite artists right now is Brandi Strickland. Each piece she does is something new, yet familiar and lovely.Art Milk
- Brandi Strickland’s collages are a mixture of photographs, painting, and drawing. Exploring different themes, Strickland fills her compositions with people and textures, utilizing a lot of old, faded papers, and National Geographic-like magazines. Inner Space is a series about the galaxy and our world, examining topics such as overcrowding, our relationship to our planet, and our perception of space.Beautiful Decay
- Totally digging these semi-psychedelic prints from artist Brandi Strickland.Urban Outfitters
- So excited to finally have these! They’ve been at the top of my wishlist for a long time, and they’re even better in person. Thanks!Lisa, Washington
- Brandi Strickland is a mixed media and collage artist from nearby Charlotte, NC. Her work is so fun and quirky, and she’s one of my favorite artists right now.Need Supply Co.